Police department to tweet 911 calls on Black Friday | News
DUNWOODY, Ga. -- The Dunwoody Police Department is giving the public an inside look at what they deal with day to day.
On Black Friday, they will tweet out every emergency call they receive.
Dunwoody Police Officer Tim Fecht said the idea is to engage with the public.
Fecht said the department tweeted its calls for 24 hours in April 2011 and the effort was well received by the community.
Fecht estimates officers could respond to 150 emergency calls on Black Friday.
Upcoming Events near Dunwoody
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Colbert plans segment on jailed electric car owner
- Cops alleged electric car owner stole $10-25 worth of electricity
- Electric car owner charged with stealing 5 cents worth of juice
- One dead in Dawsonville plane crash
- W. Wesley Hamilton joins Sterling Risk Advisors as Broker & Managing Director of Strategic Accounts